Re: Blog on the provenance constraint document

Gio,

unfortunately, the timing of this publication is misleading. Indeed, the constraint document is one in a group of four recommendations-to-be, but the other three have already been in Last Call for a while. It just completes the picture (and the blog may not have made this very clear).

http://www.w3.org/blog/SW/2012/07/24/last-call-3-working-drafts-for-provenance-interchange/
http://www.w3.org/blog/SW/2012/07/24/the-prov-o-provenance-ontology-last-call/

gives information on the other three documents (from July). The Primer document from the WG:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-prov-primer-20120724/

is, in fact, (at least for me) the entry point into this.

Compared to the other three documents and the primer the constraint document is indeed very theoretical and addresses the needs of a much smaller community. Maybe that should have been emphasized more in the announcement.

For RDFicians the two documents one would start with is the primer and the vocabulary itself:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-prov-o-20120724/

with, possibly, keeping an eye on the more abstract data model in case some details are not clear:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-prov-dm-20120724/

Maybe Paul and/or Luc have something more to add...

Thanks

Ciao

Ivan

----