Re: Enhancing object-oriented programming with OWL

From: Enrique Pérez Arnaud <enriquepablo@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 01:22:29 +0200
To: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net>
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org
2012/9/11 Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net>

> Exactly, but your wall is Java. I agree, if you insist on using Java, with
> its archaic OO, your headed into that wall. But if you adopt newer
> approaches to OO, like the traits research I pointed at, there might be a
> chance...
>
> I disagree :) traits, aspect orientation, behaviours, these are tools
designed to encourage code reuse in large frameworks, and they don't have
the inner structure that is needed in this case. In the same way as the
class system (OO) has the inner structure that is needed (and was also
designed for code reuse). The initial simplicity given by OO is not worth
the complication of injecting into it a more general deductive system. I
would say that the more general deduction system should be the core, and
then, you might add shortcuts into it, such as a class system.

--
Enrique Pérez Arnaud
enriquepablo@gmail.com