Re: rdf:type

On Oct 31, 2012, at 7:17 AM, Mark Wallace wrote:

> My understanding is that rdf:type is part of the basic RDF standard, not RDFS.

That is correct. The 2004 standard specifications do not make a sharp distinction between RDF and RDFS, but the semantics works in stages defined by the vocabularies, and so "RDF entailment" includes rdf:type, but none of the RDFS namespace vocabulary. So Vishai's single triple would be considered to be in RDF.

Pat Hayes