Re: Family and Book ontologies

You can find an initial blog about my Family History KB at
http://robertdavidstevens.wordpress.com/2010/05/04/the-family-history-knowledge-base/
and there are more recent blogs that have highlighted some things about
this OWL KB.
faCT++ could manage it) It's been used as the basis for an advanced
tutorial in OWL - it maximises inference and also doesn't work in
interesting ways. I think it's nice to look at, but for actualy,
practical applicaitons I wouldn't do it this way at the moment.

The thing about this FHKB is that it was designed to maximise inference
- it works, but runs like a very slow thing. (last time I checked only
FaCT++ worked). However, the property hierarchy could be re-used in
other settings with ease. One could even attached rules to infer the
same relationships...

For my FHKB I very deliberately used euro-centric nomenclature for
relationships.

My friend John Goodwin did his family as linked data:

http://johngoodwin225.wordpress.com/

--
Robert Stevens
Reader in Bio-Health Informatics