Re: Incrementing a literal

From: (wrong string) Сергей Ларионов <s.larionov@rks.karelia.ru>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 17:24:19 +0400
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

Melvin, may I propose an opinion that 'needing to
update a value' seems like a design flaw. Why? Taking
your particular example of incrementing a 'counter'
variable which goes from 1 to 2 to 3 and further on,
on each step there actually *was* a time/state when
'counter' contained each of it's values. And at that
time/state conclusions could be made which were based
on *that* particular value. Updating seems like
effectively erasing the history.

Now what is 'current value' as it obviously should
have some means to be changed? Well 'current value'
seems like a result of a function taking a specific
'current' time as an input. Current time is an observer's
context property. So may an answer to your question
contain a suggestion to store all the values for a
counter with their relevant time frame attributes
and obtain 'current' value using a query? SL