Breaking news: GoodRelations now fully integrated with schema.org!

From: Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 23:11:57 +0100
To: semantic-web@w3.org, "public-vocabs@w3.org Vocabs" <public-vocabs@w3.org>, public-lod@w3.org
Dear all:

Effective immediately, the full GoodRelations vocabulary for e-commerce (http://purl.org/goodrelations/) is now directly available from schema.org, the official library of data schemas maintained and promoted by the four biggest Web search engines, i.e. Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Yandex.

Official schema.org blogpost:
   http://blog.schema.org/2012/11/good-relations-and-schemaorg.html

Example type:
   http://schema.org/ProductModel

Technical background information:
   http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/Cookbook/Schema.org

In the next days, we will complete the integration on the GoodRelations side, including full mapping axioms so that consumers of crawled data will be able to use the official identifiers of GoodRelations elements in SPARQL queries.

I am happy to share with you these great news. It was a a lot of hard work - a great thanks goes to everybody involved, namely Dan Brickley and Ramanathan V. Guha from Google, and all the other supporters of GoodRelations, listed at http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/Acknowledgments.

Best wishes

Martin Hepp
martin hepp
e-business & web science research group