Re: Semantic URI Syntax

>> Is this scheme-dependent?
> From the top of my head, the hash fragment is defined for HTTP and HTTPS URIs only.

The Generic URI syntax spec [1] tells us:

[[
The semantics of a fragment identifier are defined by the set of representations that might result from a retrieval action on the primary resource. The fragment's format and resolution is therefore dependent on the media type RFC2046 of a potentially retrieved representation, even though such a retrieval is only performed if the URI is dereferenced. If no such representation exists, then the semantics of the fragment are considered unknown and are effectively unconstrained. Fragment identifier semantics are independent of the URI scheme and thus cannot be redefined by scheme specifications.
]]

HTH.

Cheers,
	   Michael