Re: Semantic URI Syntax

From: Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 07:44:06 +0100
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
To: David Sheets <sheets@alum.mit.edu>

No, see http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#section-Graph-URIref "Two RDF URI references are equal if and only if they compare as equal, character by character, as Unicode strings."

> 2. Is there an accepted syntax for denoting the inversion of a URI
> predicate? I have a JSON format with keys as predicates that assert
> about 'this' resource. Is there an extra-URI convention to invert
> subject and object in a domain-specific format?

That would be a question for JSON people I think. OWL has the concept of inverse properties, but that's almost certainly not what you want here.

> 3. I produce shader module linking audit trails using a human syntax
> like: anonymous/path/components/<hyper-ref>/[locally cached
> URI]/local/anon/path
> Has something like this been done before? I carry along metadata
> regarding the link and (hyper)link that metadata to the audit trail in
> the HTML UI. Is this inadvisable for some reason?

No idea. They don't sound like "cool" URIs to me though. http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/

- Steve

--
Steve Harris, CTO