Re: Reasoner accuracy

If you are using OWL-DL there are guarantees about completeness of results,
but the guarantees about performance are not very comforting. In the case
you are using OWL-DL I suggest you load the ontology up into protege 4.2
and try all the full DL reasoners - Fact++, Pellet, Hermit. If your
ontology falls into one of the profiles described (in
http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-profiles/) then there are other reasoners that
reason over these profiles, which may be faster.  See
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Implementations

If you are working in OWL, you can ask questions at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-dev/

There are sometimes minor rewrites you can do to improve reasoner
performance without changing the intended meaning of your ontology. The
best way to encourage people to comment on them is to include a pointer to
a specific ontology that they can download and try.

If you are not using OWL-DL you should not expect any reasoner to give you
complete results, and this might explain why you get different answers from
different reasoners.

hth,
Alan