Re: Why do we name nodes and not edges?

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 15:04:24 -0400
To: Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Cc: Michael F Uschold <uschold@gmail.com>, Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com>, Austin William Wright <aaa@bzfx.net>, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Another approach (instead of reification, which I personally hate), is
to use named graphs.  Named graph have to be used differently, but can
often solve the same use case.

For RDF stores that store everything as quads anyway, my guess is that
even if you have only one named graph per triple it would likely involve
less overhead than reification, but perhaps one or more of the
developers of such stores can comment on that more authoritatively.

--
David Booth, Ph.D.
http://dbooth.org/

reflect those of his employer.