Akamu 0.3: A suite of Python tools for XML Filesystem and RDF dataset management for Web Applications

From: Chime Ogbuji <chimezie@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 15:55:54 -0400
To: akara@googlegroups.com, akara-dev@googlegroups.com, fuxi-discussion@googlegroups.com, semantic-web@w3.org
Apologies for the Cross Posting.

I've recently been working on an (updated) architecture for managing XML documents in a filesystem along with an RDF Graph Store that acts as a faithful rendition [1] of its content such that changes to the XML documents are reflected in the Graph Store. This is a reincarnation of the 4Suite repository architecture [2], which had this capability and was used as the content management component of SemanticDB [3]. It worked well as a framework for health information management and so I have ported this architecture (or a part of it) over onto the Akara platform [4] and use it as infrastructure for web-based, health management applications.

It has been committed to a new Google Code project (with an Apache 2.0 license) that also includes RDF management and query capabilities along with some XSLT extensions.  It is called Akamu [5] and is an early work in progress.  Any feedback is very welcome.  I still have not yet decided whether setting up a new google group would be appropriate since it mostly works as infrastructure for existing projects.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl/#sec_rend
[2] http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/tutorials/x-4suite5/section5.html
[3] http://clevelandclinic.academia.edu/ChristopherPierce/Papers/1728666/SemanticDB_A_Semantic_Web_Infrastructure_for_Clinical_Research_and_Quality_Reporting
[4] http://akara.info/