Re: status and problems on sematicweb.org

From: Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:49:42 +0100
Cc: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>, Markus Krötzsch <markus.kroetzsch@cs.ox.ac.uk>, Yury Katkov <katkov.juriy@gmail.com>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, Semantic MediaWiki users <semediawiki-user@lists.sourceforge.net>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
To: Dieter Fensel <dieter.fensel@sti2.at>
Hi Dieter:
> Small? The community around big data is exponentially growing.

I meant that the number of people contributing serious content to the semanticweb.org wiki is still fairly small.
I dont think that more than 50 people world-wide account for 98% of the non-malicious edits over the past 12 months.

So besides a slightly optimistic climate for semantic technology in general, the current spam issues around the community wiki really don't need more than a very pragmatic solution at the social level. This should be sufficient to keep that valuable resource in shape.

Best

Martin

On Jan 13, 2012, at 8:53 PM, Dieter Fensel wrote:

> At 09:58 AM 1/13/2012, Michael Hausenblas wrote:
>
>>> 1. Try to remove the recent spam
>>> 2. Enforce a strict registration schema and allow edits only to
>>> registered participants.
>>>
>>> I think the community is small enough
>
> Small? The community around big data is exponentially growing.
>
> --
> Dieter Fensel
> Director STI Innsbruck, University of Innsbruck, Austria
> http://www.sti-innsbruck.at/
> phone: +43-512-507-6488/5, fax: +43-512-507-9872

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail:  hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org