Re: status and problems on sematicweb.org

On 12/01/12 18:39, Bernard Vatant wrote:
> Hi all
>
> A related issue is that under semanticweb.org <http://semanticweb.org>
> domain or subdomains are living several vocabularies (ontologies), some
> of them are used in the linked data space, either by published data sets
> or other vocabularies relying on them.

This is only weakly related to this wiki site discussion but should be
easy to solve anyway. Short answers:

* Subdomains of semanticweb.org are managed independently and (mainly)
on different servers run by different people. The responsibility is with
the people who asked for the subdomain. Stefan Decker is managing the
domain registration and should know who is responsible in cases where it
is not clear from the web page.

* Content of earlier versions of semanticweb.org has not been migrated
in the last relaunch of the site a few years ago. As long as it is just
static HTML content that does not conflict with new content (i.e., if
there is nothing else under that URL now), it would be possible to put
it back into its place. To do this, please send me an email with the
archived HTML content and let me know where to put it. I do not have
access to any old versions of the site, so I cannot help in finding the
old content.

Cheers,

Markus

--