Re: Call for Papers - Semantic Cities at AAAI 2012

Dear Azamat Abdoullaev,

  Agreed that could be captured by smart/Intelligent cities but the focus
of the workshop is "semantic" integration of large scale and open data,
hence semantic cities. Actually we could consider semantic cities as smart
cities, it is a matter of abstraction.

Best regards,
Freddy.

             "AzamatAbdoullaev
             "
             <abdoul@cytanet.c                                          To
             om.cy>                    Freddy Lecue/Ireland/IBM@IBMIE,
                                                                        cc
             07/02/2012 15:37          <semantic-web@w3.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Call for Papers - Semantic
                                       Cities at AAAI 2012

"Cities around the world aspire to provide superior quality of life to
their
citizens. An increasing number have realized that opening access to their
data, and building semantic models to abstract as well as interconnect
them; can unleash economic growth while addressing sustainability issues.
We call cities that enable such capabilities as, "semantic cities"."

There is a wise rule: "Don't multiply entities beyond necessity". Such
cities fall into smart/intelligent cities, a multibillion sunrise industry:
http://www.cs.ucy.ac.cy/CIT2011/index.php?p=Keynotes