Re: Proposal: register /.well-known/sparql with IANA

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 17:25:33 +0100
To: David Wood <david@3roundstones.com>
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>, public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>
On 22 December 2012 15:41, David Wood <david@3roundstones.com> wrote:

> On Dec 22, 2012, at 08:57, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > May I propose that we register the well known address
> >
> > /.well-known/sparql
> >
> > with IANA.
> >
> > This could be a sparql endpoint for the domain queried, and a helpful
> shortcut for both web based discovery, and also write operations via sparql
> update.
>

> +1.  Now, who is "we"?

Some comments from michael hausenblas:

[[
Very simple, though not exactly quick ;)

Just send to wellknown-uri-review@ietf.org following [1].

However, note that the SPARQL WG pushed back when I suggested it:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2010Jun/0000.html

Cheers,
           Michael

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5785#section-5.1.1
]]

So I think anyone register this, if there's interest, it would probably
just need to reopen the conversation with the sparql wg mail list, I think.