Re: Well Behaved RDF - Taming Blank Nodes, etc.

Hi Andy,

On Thu, 2012-12-13 at 10:35 +0000, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> Promoting well-formed lists would be good.
>
> On the datatypes, how about encouraging use of the canonical form of the
> literal as a step towards value-based, rather than datatype based, data:
>
> "1"^^xsd:integer not "+0001"^^xsd:integer

Thanks, that seems worth considering.

> and maybe ideally only xsd:integer and xsd:decimal, not the other
> derived types.

That also seems worth considering.

> The restriction of "no labels" is not just about "no cycles" - it's
> things that are not tree-like:
>
> :x1 :p _:a .
> :x2 :q _:a .

Yes, excellent example.  I explained to Pat in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2012Dec/0040.html
why I chose the "no labels" restriction instead, but I'm open to
considering either.

--
David Booth, Ph.D.
http://dbooth.org/