Re: Business Applications

Hola,

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM, adasal <adam.saltiel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is what you are proposing really possible from the ground up? I wonder if
> even getting an architecture is possible from the ground up, i.e. without
> starting with real world compromises dictated by the job in hand.

Not sure if what's proposed is possible from the ground up, but I know
it's certainly possible to create an ontology-based complete system,
however I doubt "from the ground up" has been defined enough at this
point. I've worked on creating full-stack application and systems
delivery framework based on ontologies / Topic Maps, both in terms of
integration but also as a development tool, and as a way to infer
capabilities of services based on their entity / resource rather than
clumsy API's.

I'm fairly confident that it's the way of the future, but as you
probably allude to as well, it's still a bit way off, mostly because
whomever comes up with it first or already doing it, are doing it in
solitary, much like the TM community watching the spectacle of RDF
from the side-lines.

Regards,

Alex
--
 Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchemist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps