Re: Business Applications

I've skimmed the document.
Aside from that it needs some edits - well it is a work in progress, OK -
how is this different to what many data integrators are offering?
Existing players working with Hortonworks include Pentaho, Vertica,
Teradata, Zettaset, Lucid and Datameer.
Those working with Cloudera include some of the above plus MicroStrategy,
Karmasphere, Kintega, MicroStrategy, Attiva, Lunexa, NGData, Talend,
Pervasive, Vertica, VMWare, Revolution Analytics, Informatica and
Jaspersoft all in no particular order.
Many of these companies also use semantic technologies and some also are
concerned with consistency of extraction methods and exposed data with
standards.
Is what you are proposing really possible from the ground up? I wonder if
even getting an architecture is possible from the ground up, i.e. without
starting with real world compromises dictated by the job in hand.

Nevertheless it could be a noble effort - and certainly a worthwhile
learning exercise.

Adam