Re: Wikidata export in RDF

Hi Jun,

thank you for taking the time to look into the document and comment it.

I expect that Wikipedia will almost never be the source for a
statement expressed in Wikidata, as Wikipedia will probably not be
regarded as a reliable source.

In the example you link to are two statements:

1) Berlin has a population of 3,499,879 as of Nov 30, 2011, the method
for deriving this was an extrapolation

2) Berlin has a population of 8,000 as of the 15th century

Statement 1 has in the example no sources, but a good source would be
the statistical yearbook of Germany, 2012 edition.

Statement 2 has one source in the example, and this could be, e.g. a
scientific paper about the development of the population of European
cities in mediavel times.

The method and the time are both not provenance information, but
qualifiers of the statements and thus part of the statement.

Every statement has an IRI. And the source will also have an IRI
describing it (i.e. an IRI for the statistical yearbook, an IRI for
the mentioned paper).

What I did not figure out is: which property from the provenance
ontology can I use to connect the statement IRI to the source IRI?

Thank you for your help!

Cheers,
Denny

--