Re: New I-D: Semantic Content Packages

On 13 April 2012 19:48, Chris Wilper <cwilper@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just posted a new Internet-Draft for "Semantic Content Packages",
> now available at:
> http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-wilper-semantic-content-pkgs-00.txt

Interesting, sounds useful.

I was recently playing around with a variant of 'baking'  [1] in the
sense of dumping material from a DB that's normally used to serve
dynamically onto a filesystem for 'static' serving. I've got graphs in
a triplestore which can provide direct representations as Turtle etc.
as well as HTML versions (essentially queries against the graphs
pushed through templates). The graph naming will follow a typical path
structure. So a baked version of http://example.org/users/fred would
look something like:

./users/fred.html
./users/fred.ttl

The result (given appropriate conneg support), could be served
directly from something like Apache, just drop it into /var/www/

(my motivation was in part archiving, in part caching)

So I was wondering about the minimum necessary to package such a
dataset up as SCP, and/or whether SCP could take advantage of that
kind of setup by using a single meta/manifest file around the root
somewhere..?

Another thing that would be helpful around the docs is description of
other conventions for packaged content+metadata, e.g. OpenDocument.

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://www.aaronsw.com/weblog/000404

--