Re: ANN: LODIB - Linked Open Data Integration Benchmark

From: Giovanni Tummarello <g.tummarello@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 17:02:15 +0200
To: Andreas Schultz <a.schultz@fu-berlin.de>
Cc: Semantic Web at W3C <semantic-web@w3.org>, Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi lots of work here! Wondering Did you consider evaluating if its worth
learning the quite involved rdf based syntaxes of many of these vs a simple
python jython or whatever script? Obviously you need Turing completeness so
I wonder (and a benchmark should bother to show imo) if its worth the
effort of ad hoc systems. (Let alone - and you can't really leave this
alone in 2012 - the lack of ide or tool support for non standard
programming paradigms)
Gio