Re: Re-using and labelling other people's terms

You could use a subPropertyOf  version of A, B, C ...

B is also plausible given your rationale. If people don't like it, they
don't need to believe you.

foaf:name skos:prefLabel "Please don't use foaf:name, it sucks" .

is probably not a consensus reaching triple ....
but may be appropriate (or not) in some projects. People who disagree
with this triple, might not use your project.
What you choose to say about a foreign property, is what you choose to
say, nothing more, and nothing less. If someone reads more into your
opinion than it merits, that really is their problem not yours.

I don't think there is a single truth, and if your truth differs from
that of the property authors, well, why is that surprising or difficult.

Jeremy