Re: SPARQL and untyped resources

To add to Irene's answer, you can also do negation-as-failure in SPARQL
(1.0):

PREFIX ...
SELECT ?s
WHERE ?s {
   ?s ?p ?o .
   OPTIONAL { ?s a ?type . FILTER (?type != rdfs:Resource) }
   FILTER (!bound(?type))
}

(BTW, not sure what you mean by "auto-typing" here unless maybe you mean
through something like the rdfs4* rules.)