Re: Tools for semantic extraction

From: Sebastian Hellmann <hellmann@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 21:00:11 +0100
To: marlies.olensky@ibi.hu-berlin.de
CC: semantic-web@w3.org
Hi Marlies,
In LOD2, we started a Knowledge Extraction page on Wikipedia, which
might cover your information need:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knowledge_extraction
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knowledge_extraction#Entity_Linking

It covers mostly structured and semi-structured sources, but would serve
as a good starting point for crowd sourcing the collection of tools that
extract from text, images and audio ;)

If we all chip in a little bit, the page would have a really nice
coverage very soon.

All the best,
Sebastian

--