Re: Best Practice for Renaming OWL Vocabulary Elements

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Marco Neumann <marco.neumann@gmail.com>wrote:

> Glenn,
>
> it's not feasible, nor enforceable, nor desirable to develop ontologies
> entirely with random URIs as identifiers.

*Perhaps you have not seen Alan Ruttenberg's email on this topic. I think
they do exactly this.  It was no free lunch, they had a lot of work to do to
make this doable -- in large part because as Glenn says, the duality of:
"machines need to think in ids and people need to think in names" is not
well supported by tools or methodology.*

--
Michael Uschold, PhD
   Senior Ontology Consultant, Semantic Arts