Re: Why skolemization?

Steve Harris wrote:
>>> do

>> I accidentally left out the other http example, to avoid a 303 when the
>> thing is not an information resource:
>>
>> http://example.org/=rdfgensym=#668a93dc-e478-4c47-af45-f062b449cd21
>>
>> That makes it harder to give good error information, though.
>>
>>> That would be fine, I thought you were advocating always using HTTP
>>> URIs.
>>>
>>> Magic URI substrings still don't quite sit well with me though.
>> I understand.  To me, they are a bit like 303s; not a solution I'm
>> particularly proud of proposing, but ... it seems like it will work, and
>> I can't think of anything better.
>
> Right, that's kind of where I am too.
>
> I guess the only questions in my mind are; do you need to identify skolem constant URIs, and is tag:{something} better than bnode:{something}.

say _: is a prefix in the syntax, map _: to _:base#

@base <http://example.org/foo> .

_:b12 = _:http://example.org/foo#b12 .

producing a new constant symbol for the existentially bound variable
which is disjoint from the set of RDF URI References.

-or-

say _: is a prefix which always maps to <#_:>

_:b12 = http://example.org/foo#_:b12

but then every existentially bound variable would also be an RDF URI
Reference...

(thinking out loud)