Re: AW: {Disarmed} Re: blank nodes (once again)

On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 11:13 -0400, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 09:45 -0500, Pat Hayes wrote:
> > [ . . . ] They would be very happy with RDF engines which flag blank
> nodes as errors or (better) automatically skolemize them.
>
> I think there's a whole lot to be said for automatically Skolemizing
> them.   To do it well requires some work, but I think it's feasible for
> many kinds of deployment.

+1

There was some discussion of this at the RDF Next Steps Workshop,
http://tinyurl.com/4pfkz55
but the final W3C decision was not to include this in the current RDF
Working Group charter.  However, interested parties could independently
write up something to propose as a W3C Member Submission.  Chimezie
Ogbuji and I discussed this a bit at the Cleveland Clinic.  I, for one,
would have some interest in this.

--
David Booth, Ph.D.
http://dbooth.org/