Re: a blank node issue

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:

> hey mate
>

> Melvin Carvalho wrote:

>>> why, out of interest, what specific problems cause you to say this?
>>>

>> I know not everyone will agree with this, but I personally find URIs
>> simpler to deal with.
>>
>> I also wonder how to do things like reiificaiton with bnodes.
>>

> if there were a canonical representation of RDF so that graphs could be
> signed / hashed / compared irrespective of serialization specifics, would
> that solve the issues?

you might be interested in "Signing RDF Graphs" by Jeremy Carroll (
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.58.3198&rep=rep1&type=pdf
)

Apache Clerezza also offers a stable serializer which is used for graphs
stored into subversion, this makes sure that small changes in the graph
result in small changes in the textual diff.

 reto