Re: a blank node issue

On Mar 2, 2011, at 1:17 PM, Jiří Procházka wrote:

> On 03/02/2011 07:50 PM, Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:

Um... yes, but please don't use the phrase 'closed world' which means something rather different. Bnodes have local scope, a syntactic issue rather than a semantic one.

> On the other hand normal nodes have global
> identifier which forces us to consider it from an open world scenario.

LIkewise, 'global scope' rather than 'open world', please. Thanks.  But yes, what you say is correct.

> To the scoping of the blank nodes: doesn't anyone else think there
> should be several types of blank nodes? (example: current graph, current
> document, maybe even specific document)

We need to get the scope rule(s) clarified, for sure. (More on this topic later.) Maybe we need several kinds of scope, but I hope not. But please lets not code this by having many kinds of node :-((

Pat