Re: implementations of networked RDF store replication, please?

From: Ivan Shmakov <ivan@main.uusia.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 15:42:24 +0600
To: semantic-web@w3.org

 >> I wonder, are there any software packages to facilitate RDF
 >> store replication over the network?

 > I would expect that it can be done with a correctly configured HTTP
 > reverse proxy. In SPARQL 1.1 you can write triples using HTTP POST,
 > so proxying across two SPARQL stores should work. You could even use
 > two different SPARQL systems.

	However, this seem to rely on the availability of all the nodes
	during updates.  Which is contrary to one of the reasons to do
	replication in the first place: to allow for some nodes to
	become unavailable from time to time.

 > If it's for the purposes of replication then you can configure 4store
 > to do this, and probably most other clustered RDF stores.

 > Just create a cluster of two nodes, and enable replication. Your
 > write will end up on both nodes. Then you will be using whatever
 > internal protocol the cluster uses though, rather than HTTP. It
 > should be more efficient, but it's not portable between RDF stores.

	ACK.  Thanks.

	Furthermore, I see that both of the solutions impose the “single
	administrative domain” limit — they don't seem to provide a way
	for “stranger nodes” to walk in from time to time, subscribing
	and unsubscribing to the change notifications as they wish.

--
FSF associate member #7257