Re: Schema.org considered helpful

On 17 Jun 2011, at 21:13, Lin Clark wrote:

> >That's interesting. Was there anybody who pointed this out at the time?
>
> Yes. Most notably, Ian Hickson pointed it out in direct relation to RDFa and Microdata
> http://www.mail-archive.com/whatwg@lists.whatwg.org/msg11067.html
> http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Change_Proposal_for_ISSUE-120
And others (including me ;-) have pointed out the need for the SW to rethink its current approach (in 2008/9):

  http://renato.iannella.it/blog/files/sw-harmful.html
  http://renato.iannella.it/blog/files/swml.html

And a call for a simpler RDF (by Sandro Hawke):

  http://decentralyze.com/2010/11/10/simplified-rdf/

And comments from JeniT about being "too insular and may be deaf to wider developer concerns":

  http://www.w3.org/2010/11/TPAC/RDF-SW-velocity.pdf

Please note, I fully support the SW, and want to see it succeed beyond all our expectations.
I am hoping that schema.org.gate will drive a new change...

Cheers...

Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com