Re: Schema.org considered helpful

Patrick

I have not looked into it, and I have limited expertise, however from your
obvservations  I would be inclined to say:

sounds like a 'blanket' license
this is a pure 'catchall', and  as such has limited legal validity

it can be challenged on various grounds, for example:
a) do they own what they are supposedly licensing?
b) is it realistic to expect such a license is enforced?
c) etc

It is wise of you to look into such details,to make sure schema.org does not
have a hidden agenda (ie to rob everyone off, entirely possible its just
another conspiracy...)

If at least one case can be passed in a court that agrees  the limit of
 enforceability of such the license, then a precedent is set and likely to
be upheld. There may be analogue cases already passed.

A good lawyer can probably find lot more ways to make such  silly copyright
statement null and void

related
http://www.publicdomainsherpa.com/false-copyright-claims.html