From: Mischa Tuffield <mmt04r@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Sender: semantic-web-request@w3.org
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 16:35:59
To: <paoladimaio10@googlemail.com>
Cc: Robert Isele<robertisele@googlemail.com>; <public-lod@w3.org>; SW-forum<semantic-web@w3.org>; <marta.nagy-rothengass@ec.europa.int>; VAN ORANJE-NASSAU Constantijn (CAB-KROES)<Constantijn.Van-Oranje-Nassau@ec.europa.eu>
Subject: Re: Silk - Link Discovery Framework Version 2.4 release

Hi,

I don't usually write to this list, and have no idea what SILK is about (Sorry SILK people!), but I found the below email to be incredibly harsh.

Look at the git history of the project (which was 1 click way from the email I am referring to below!), it does seem to be in active development, with a number of committers:

http://www.assembla.com/code/silk/git/node/logs?page=1  (apache license 2.0)

And the page DOES seem to reflect this:

http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/silk/

Perhaps there was a bug in the HTML(?), I don't know - but I would give people the benefit of the doubt before pointing fingers in public. I do think a personal email to Robert would probably have sufficed, but perhaps I am just that way inclined.

I have recently unsubscribed from a few of the SW based mailing lists because of trolling and people being incredibly rude - and I hope I don't have to remove myself from any others. The Semantic Web community is full of a great number of nice, helpful, intelligent people, and I find it a pleasure and an honour to be involved with this international community of awesome....  Lots of people put lots of time and effort into writing open specs and open-source code - and i don't see how finger pointing helps anyone!

Mischa

http://mmt.me.uk/