Re: Web Semantic Intro for Business People

On 5/18/2011 3:21 PM, Karl Dubost wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a bit less time to follow the last news about Semantic Web these days, but I have been asked to give an overview of Semantic Web to a business crowd. I have always pleasure to help people get a rough understanding of the values around Semantic Web.
>
> What are the last slides and/or talks (video) about [Semantic Web|Linked Data] 101?
> (in the last 3 months)
>
> Thanks. :)

Hi Karl,

I'm a couple of weeks late to the party here, but I just posted online a
talk I gave to a class at the MIT Sloan School of Management about the
Semantic Web. As this was a business school class, it's not an in depth
technical talk; it attempts to put the evolution of the Semantic Web in
the context of Web evolution, discusses what the Semantic Web is and how
people are using it today, and goes over some of the challenges facing
increased adoption on the Web and inside enterprises.

My apologies if it's too late to help you out, but perhaps it can help
others out going forward.

It's online at:
http://www.slideshare.net/LeeFeigenbaum/evolution-towards-web-30-the-semantic-web

There are significant speaker notes that give additional commentary to
the slides, so I recommend clicking on the "speaker notes" tab while
looking at the slides.

best,
Lee