Re: Reasoning

From: Graham Klyne <GK-lists@ninebynine.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:00:39 +0100
To: Cristiano Longo <longo@dmi.unict.it>
CC: semantic-web@w3.org
Cristiano Longo wrote:
> Morning all,
> in the far future I planned to implement a description logic reasoner.
> May you give me some hints or pointers about the pratical (I yet know
> the algorithm) for implementing such a reasoner?

If you can find it, the chapter by Ian Horrocks in the Description Logic
Handbook (*) is an excellent resource, very nicely balancing explanation of
theoretical and practical concerns.  (Chapter 9, Implementation and Optimization
techniques, cf. ).

I read the 2003 version some time ago, and I don't know if it's been updated for
the 2010 edition.  While I'm sure the specific tableau techniques have evolved
considerably since 2003, I expect the underlying framework is still a sound
basis for implementation.

#g
--

(*)