Re: Get your dataset on the next LOD cloud diagram

Hi,

On 12 July 2011 18:45, Pablo Mendes <pablomendes@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear fellow Linked Open Data publishers and consumers,
> We are in the process of regenerating the next LOD cloud diagram and
> associated statistics [1].

This email prompted a discussion about how to the data collection or
diagram could be improved or updated. As CKAN is an open platform and
anyone can add additional tags to datasets, why doesn't everyone who
is interested in seeing a particular improvement or alternate view of
the data just go ahead and do it? There's no need to require all this
to be done by one team on a fixed schedule.

Some light co-ordination between people doing similar analyses would
be worthwhile, but it wouldn't be hard to, e.g. tag datasets based on
whether their Linked Data or SPARQL endpoint is available regularly,
whether they're currently maintained, or (my current bug bear) whether
the data dumps they publish parse with more than one tool chain.

It'd be nice to see many different aspects of the cloud being explored.

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds