Re: Semantic Programming PHP - Application

Hello, Sebastian!

it's an impressing presentation of a big semantic project. I've started reading the information.

As you say it is a way to organize data using ontologies. A set of data structured with OntoWiki is used by an application to produce web pages.

The approach of idobi project is different as the nodes contain sometimes strings of source code. Sometimes it's a mix of HTML+CSS+JavaScript+PHP. So it's a way of organizing data and code semanticaly. More in a sense that is presented by Oliver Sharpe, but not as fundumental as his:

http://www.semantic-programming.org/

Code inside a node executes queries to find among surrounding nodes specific data, somehow modify it and show it as a web page. Any web page is practically a predefined set of queries with some styling.

Such a web of nodes is specific for a selected scripting language (PHP, ASP and so on) because some nodes have code inside of them. An application is needed to view them. It's a problem, but there is a solution. The application can work in two modes. In the first mode it runs the code inside of nodes and we get a page on the screen:

HTML-page

In the second mode it produces an XML document with the description of this node:

ID/URL
name
IDs/URLs of connected nodes
text value / source string

An application written in a different programming language can use this interface to connect its own nodes to nodes on other servers.

Another thing is representation of real world processes. There can be nodes that modify their environment after they have been created (produce new nodes, remove existing nodes, reconnect nodes). Then they remove themselves from the semantic web. The triple is used here permanently only with static actions (like include, contain, have and others). A triple with a dynamic action exists a very short period of time. This concept is like dynamic symantic structures. A device connected to the internet could create a number of such nodes to inform the web about the status of real world objects.
There could be sets of nodes that represent some creatures in the web. Or users...

Unfortunatelly my main concern is not implementing this features but search for people who could finance the project.

Best regards,

Alexander Novikov