Re: Datasets on UK transport ?

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 01:32:18 +0000
Andrea Splendiani <andrea.splendiani@bbsrc.ac.uk> wrote:

> very interesting, where did you get the data from ? I mean, I've seen
> the sources, but did you extract data from National Railways ? At a
> first look, it looks like the coverage is good as well.

Scraping HTML and cross-referncing data from multiple sources.

One of the key sources is Phil Deaves' "Railways codes and other data"
website. In particular, the station listings, after a bit of
processing, are the key to figuring out connectivity.

For instance:
http://deaves47.users.btopenworld.com/stations/stationl.htm

Currently the London Underground is not covered. Some other stations
only served by metropolitan light rail may also be missing. Heritage
railways are also mostly missing.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>