Re: Datasets on UK transport ?

Am 19.01.2011 23:31, schrieb Andrea Splendiani:
> I have been looking for some datasets on the UK transport infrastructure, and more precisely in a graph for roads/railways/ bus lines and perhaps even airlines.
> I have checked a bit the transport endpoint of data.gov.uk, but found a lot of information on stations, including their position, but no information on their connectivity.
> I've only found maps and pdfs so far...
>
> Is anybody that can give some hint, or even a pointer to where to ask ?

This information is often available in OpenStreetMap:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features#Railway

An RDF representation of OSM is available at: http://linkedgeodata.org

However, due to the main focus of the OSM folks being the map
representation (and not the ontological representation) you might have
to postprocess the data in order to get what you want. I.e. I could
imagine a tram or rail line is composed of several /ways/ (OSM term for
a line connecting nodes/points) participating in a /relation/ (OSM term
for a combination of ways and/or nodes) - you might want to chose a
simpler representation for your purpose.

Best,

Sören