Re: Property for linking from a graph to HTTP connection meta-data?

Hey Martin,

What you describe seems to be exactly one of the use cases we developed the
Provenance Vocabulary [1] for:The Provenance Vocabulary provides the class
prv:DataAccess  which represents the execution of a data access on the Web.
Using the property  prvTypes:exchangedHTTPMessage  you can associate instances
of  prv:DataAccess  with the HTTP messages that have been exchanged. These
HTTP messages can then be described using the W3C RDF vocabulary for HTTP.
Here's an example:

   foo:DataAboutProduct1
             foaf:primaryTopic foo:Product1 ;
             prv:createdBy _:dc .

   _:dc
             a prv:DataCreation ;
             # ... additional information about the creation process ...
             prv:usedData _:xml .

   _:xml
             a prv:DataItem ;
             prv:retrievedBy _:da .

   _:da
             a prv:DataAccess ;
             prv:accessedResource <http://www.heppnetz.de/companies.xml> ;
             prvTypes:exchangedHTTPMessage _:m .

   _:m
             a http:Response ;
             http:httpVersion "1.1" ;
             # ...
             http:statusCodeNumber "200" .

(Needless to say that you may use URIs instead of the blank node identifiers
that I used in the example for the sake of readability.)

Our "Guide to the Provenance Vocabulary" contains another example in Section
"3.3.2 Related Vocabularies: HTTP Vocabulary in RDF" [2].

Greetings,
Olaf

[1] http://purl.org/net/provenance/
[2] http://purl.org/net/provenance/guide#HTTP_Vocabulary_in_RDF