Re: Use cases wanted for media coverage

I wrote these articles to try to point to real world uses and motivate non-technical people to pay more attention: http://www.boomajoom.com/article/semantic-web-marketers-main-page

I wrote them because there wasn't a lot of coverage outside of tech sectors (Mashable, RWW, some SEO sites that aren't afraid of discussing programming). Most of the traffic I got was from sem web enthusiasts.

Needless to say, I think marketing and business uses are compelling. So is government. After the September 11th attacks, people wanted US agencies to share more information. What they really wanted was a semantic web. They wanted the government to make sense of different data such as the odd flight lessons, dry runs on planes, and so on. (The Washington DC sniper was another time the public asked for this.)

Indirectly I suppose people have been calling for better data management in the US healthcare market. Some are now pushing for electronic records that follow patients to different hospitals.

Just my thoughts. Would be interested in updates on the series.

Sent from my iPhone