Re: please review: draft W3C SWIG Note 'Vocabulary of Interlinked Datasets' (voiD)

Dear all,
Thanks for the great work you did, this document clarifies large part of the
issues I was  facing   providing the VOID description for my datasets.

I have just a little remark concerning  section 4.2:  it introduces
void:uriSpace, but  distinctions in the use of
void:uriRegexPattern\void:uriSpace  are not so clear. Why don't use always
void:uriRegexPattern?
I think  an example  where void:uriSpace is handier than
void:uriRegexPattern would be worth.

Regards,
Riccardo

On 16 December 2010 15:35, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:

> Dear Semantic Web Interest Group,
>
> As you might recall, semantic-web@w3.org is the home list of W3C's
> Semantic Web Interest Group. Unlike other more industrious groups we
> exist primarily as a discussion forum. However, occasionally some of
> us get together and collaborate, and these collaborations can give
> rise to W3C Notes (eg. from a while back, http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfcal/
> ). So, several SWIG members have been collaborating (in an open and
> public way) on something called 'voiD', and have produced a draft of a
> SWIG Note, details below. The voiD work addresses issues around RDF
> dataset description and discovery, and I'm very pleased to propose it
> as a W3C SWIG Note.
>
> We don't have a very rigid process for these notes, but they are
> useful to do, and we should perhaps do them more often.  I've asked
> the voiD team to give a brief outline of the work, and we suggest a
> deadline of end of January 2011 for feedback comments. There is a
> snapshot 'Editor's Draft' for review in SWIG space at W3C [8] below,
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/interest/void/ and discussion is welcomed
> here on semantic-web@w3.org
>
> So thanks to Keith Alexander, Richard Cyganiak, Michael Hausenblas,
> Jun Zhao for their hard work on all this, and to you all in advance
> for your reviews and feedback. Assuming no major issues are found, we
> should be able to proceed with publishing it as a W3C Note during
> February.
>
> cheers,
>
> Dan
>

> Please find below the voiD SWIG Note submission:
>
> ===
> The 'Vocabulary of Interlinked Datasets' (voiD) is an RDF-Schema vocabulary
> for expressing metadata about RDF datasets. With voiD, the discovery and
> usage of Linked Datasets can be performed both effectively and efficiently.
> A dataset is a collection of data, published and maintained by a single
> provider, available as RDF, and accessible, for example through
> dereferenceable HTTP URIs or a SPARQL endpoint.
>
> The development of voiD started in mid 2008, with a first version of the
> vocabulary and guide published in 01/2009 [1]. Since then, voiD has enjoyed
> considerable uptake in the Linked Data community and beyond, with usage
> throughout from data.gov.uk to individual datasets [2].
>
> A number of voiD-based implementations is available via [3]. The
> development
> of the core voiD vocabulary and the guide is an open process with a
> dedicated mailing list [4] and issue tracker [5].
>
> W3C-wise, voiD is relevant for the work in the SPARQL WG [6] as well as the
> upcoming eGov WG [7].
>
> We hereby submit the Editor'sDraft 'Describing Linked Datasets with the
> voiD
> Vocabulary' [8] to W3C's Semantic Web Interest Group (SWIG) with the goal
> publish it as a W3C Interest Group Note. We appreciate feedback on this
> draft
> [...]

RICERCA E FUTURO CAMMINANO INSIEME:
CIRCA IL 50% DEI LAVORATORI DELLA RICERCA SONO PRECARI
IL FUTURO NON DEVE ESSERE PRECARIO!
RESEARCH AND FUTURE WALK TOGETHER:
ABOUT 50% OF THE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN RESEARCH
RELY ON A TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT THAT IS EXPIRING IN FEW MONTHS.
FUTURE SHOULDN'T BE SHORT-DATED!
Riccardo Albertoni
Istituto per la Matematica Applicata e Tecnologie Informatiche
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
via de Marini 6 - 16149 GENOVA - ITALIA
tel. +39-010-6475697 - fax +39-010-6475660
e-mail: Albertoni@ge.imati.cnr.it
Skype: callto://riccardoalbertoni/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/riccardoalbertoni
www: http://www.ge.imati.cnr.it/ima/albertoni.htm