Re: Unicode Character Database in RDF?

Shane,

I have asked an advise from Felix Sasaki, (cc-d), who knows both Unicode and RDF. Here is his answer:

[[[

I don't know of an RDF-version. If you want to create one,
http://www.jenitennison.com/blog/node/15
(an XML representation created by Jeni Tenission) might be a good start. Also, Shane should look at
http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr44/ (description of the database)
and
http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr42/ (description of the XML format used to deliver the database), since an RDF version will probably be implemented as a transformation to RDF/XML.

There was some discussion about the usefulness of XML Entity definitions and also references to characters as URIs on the tag, see this small thread
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Feb/thread#msg114
which Shane may also want to take into account.

Hope that helps,

Felix
]]]

Indeed, I hope that helps:-)

Ivan

On Dec 24, 2010, at 09:28 , Shane Norris wrote:

> Hi all, does anyone know if there is a preexisting version of the
> Unicode Character Database in RDF format? More importantly is there an
> IRI for it - for my purposes I plan on programmaticly generating
> triples at runtime from the UCD information (such as character type,
> name etc) as needed so I can refer to them in my rules. But it would
> be nice if there was an official IRI instead of having to use
> owl:sameAs down the track.
>
> I'm thinking something like
> <http://www.unicode.org/rdf/6.1.0/codepoint#0001> would be nice if
> they were on board. But I would settle for any established domain...
> <http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/unicode/6.1.0#0001> perhaps?
>
> cheers, Shane

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/