Re: The truth about SPARQL Endpoint availability

From: Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche <py.vandenbussche@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 23:18:40 +0100
To: Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Cc: "<public-lod@w3.org>" <public-lod@w3.org>, SW-forum <semantic-web@w3.org>, "<semanticweb@yahoogroups.com>" <semanticweb@yahoogroups.com>
Hello Hugh,

As some endpoints does not accept the "ask" query, I use a simple "select"
request to test SPARQL protocol :
select ?s
where{?s ?p ?o.}LIMIT 1

This query leads to an error on this endpoint
http://oai.rkbexplorer.com/sparql/:

"Error

Failed to connect to SPARQL endpoint, or the endpoint returned and error
trying to process your query."

Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche.