Re: Looking for the right RDF store(s)

Hello Markus,

On 25.02.2011 21:40, Markus Krötzsch wrote:
> On 25/02/2011 17:42, Wood, Jamey wrote:
>> I'll put in a vote for Virtuoso [1]. Its open source edition is truly
>> free software (GPL), and it's a top performer in most publicly-released
>> benchmarks that I've seen [2].
>>
>> Since you mention wanting to support applications that are on the
>> order of
>> DBpedia, it seems only natural to give strong consideration to Virtuoso
>> (as the triplestore that powers DBpedia). I can also say that in our
>> project (OpenEI.org [3]), Virtuoso has proven to be a nice complement to
>> Semantic MediaWiki.
>
> Good to hear that. I would certainly have considered Virtuoso, although
> this could really be more attractive if some pre-compiled packages were
> available for the open version.

Debian packages for Virtuoso are available in Ubuntu/Debian:
http://packages.debian.org/en/source/sid/virtuoso-opensource

This might be relevant, in particular for server installations of
Semantic MediaWiki.

Kind regards,

Jens

--
Dr. Jens Lehmann
AKSW/MOLE Group, Department of Computer Science, University of Leipzig