Re: Looking for the right RDF store(s)

Hi Markus,

At the risk of being accused of self-publicity, I'm going to recommend Garlik's store, 4store.
http://4store.org/

It did well in the recent BSBM benchmark:
http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/BerlinSPARQLBenchmark/results/V6/ - 2nd in import, 2nd in query, 1st in update performance.

It's released under the GPL (v3), and supports clustering out of the box. It was used to run our financial services data backend for a large number of users, and some very demanding clients for several years before being released under the GPL, so it has a good track record for scalability and reliability.

As a bonus the clustered code and non-clustered code is identical — a single machine install is just a cluster of one. This hopefully minimises the nasty shocks when scaling out to clusters.

Now it's been released it has an active user community working on improvements, and providing help and support.

The downside is that it does not support ranged datatype searches, or geographic searches. However, we are talking to a partner that is interested in sponsoring geographic query support.

It's a little off-topic, so feel free to contact me offlist if you want more specific information.

Regards,
   Steve

--
Steve Harris, CTO, Garlik Limited
1-3 Halford Road, Richmond, TW10 6AW, UK