Re: The Semantic Web could help the Internet become sentient

From: jeff putnam <jayfoo@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 08:22:59 -0700
To: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Isn't it possible that the internet is already sentient (it certainly
has lots of power, interconnections and the like).

The interesting question is more likely to be "How would we know?"
It is not likely to exhibit human style intelligence.    Do we have
any way to measure sentience (or intelligence) in things that are
wildly non-human?