Re: ANN: Ravensburg/Germany is the world's first city of Semantic Web-based Commerce and Tourism

From: Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:19:57 +0200
Cc: public-lod@w3.org, semantic-web@w3.org
To: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Hi Tim:
Simple answer: The Google Maps-based visualizations that I had quick access to are bound by the Terms of Use set by Google, and they do not permit distributing static images derived from Google Maps. It should be possible to create such a map using OSM, but I had no quick tool at hand for doing this.

Martin