Re: Best Practice for Renaming OWL Vocabulary Elements

Le 21/04/2011 15:31, Martin Hepp a écrit :
> Hi Antoine:
>
> Thanks!
>>> entClass foo:LongClassName
>>> . rdfs:label "NewClassName (Note: This was foo:LongClassName
>>> previously)" .
>>
>> The label should be "NewClassName" (or even "New Class Name"@en) and the note should rather be in a rdfs:comment.
>>
>> foo:NewClassName rdfs:label "New Class Name"@en;
>>                  rdfs:comment "This was foo:LongClassName previously. foo:LongClassName is now deprecated and foo:NewClassName should be used instead."@en .
>
> Yes, that is how I actually do it, but I wanted to use just one textprop in the example.
>
>>> c) Since the owl:deprecated property is not defined in OWL1, I would
>>> also add the following axiom in order to remain within OWL 1 DL: #OWL
>>> 1 DL compatibility of the OWL2 deprecated property owl:deprecated a
>>> owl:AnnotationProperty.
>>
>> You can also add:
>>
>> foo:LongClassName a owl:DeprecatedClass .
>> foo:LongPropertyName1 a owl:DeprecatedProperty .
>>
>> which are defined in OWL 1 and 2.
>
> The Manchester OWL 2 validator says your ontology is OWL 2 Full if you use owl:DeprecatedClass (or owl:DeprecatedProperty, I don't remember).
> The Annotation property way is much better for our tools, anyway.

Yes I know, but owl:Deprecated* are still valid according to the specs,
even though they are deprecated. The validator should not say that these
are not allowed, it should rather give a warning that they should not be
used.

--
Antoine Zimmermann
Researcher at:
Laboratoire d'InfoRmatique en Image et Systèmes d'information
Database Group
7 Avenue Jean Capelle
69621 Villeurbanne Cedex
France
Tel: +33(0)4 72 43 61 74 - Fax: +33(0)4 72 43 87 13
Lecturer at:
Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Lyon
20 Avenue Albert Einstein
69621 Villeurbanne Cedex
France
antoine.zimmermann@insa-lyon.fr