Re: please help define Web of Data

+1 to links as building blocks (should I say threads?) of the Web

In some half-baked thoughts I've argued "that some of the most important
requirements for enabling a Web of Data are: Globality, Open World
Assumption, Distribution, Autonomy, Addressability, Unique Identifiers,
Dereferenceability, Interpretability, Backwards Compatibility."
http://pablomendes.wordpress.com/2011/02/06/requirements-for-creating-a-web-of-data/

Web linking in the Linked Data sense comprises at least Addressability,
Unique Identifiers and Dereferenceability.

Cheers,
Pablo